Discord is a very popular social media app where people come to talk, chat, and hang out with their friends. They also use it to join different communities that are based on their interests. But sometimes, when new people try to sign up to Discord via their Email IDs, they face the error Discord Email is already registered.
This is very frustrating because the user can not move ahead of it and use Discord. If you are facing the same email already registered error while creating an account on Discord, then do not worry.
In this article, we will explain what this error is, why this error occurs, and also explain how you can fix this email already registered error and create your Discord account.
What is email is already registered error on Discord?
Every app that requires a signup only allows only one account for an email. The same is true with Discord. The Discord Policy states that you can not create multiple accounts with a single email.
So when you get the Email is Already Registered Error when creating a new account, it means that a Discord account has already been created using that email.
Why do you face email is already registered error?
The error occurs occurs because of multiple reasons:
- Either you may have created a Discord account using this email in the past and forgot about it
- Someone else created a Discord account using your email.
- You are making a spelling mistake and entering an email ID that is already used on Discord.
- You already have a Discord account. And instead of signing in, you have tapped on the sign-up button.
How to fix Discord email is already registered error?
Now that you know what the email already registered error means and also why it occurs while creating a new account on Discord, let's have a look at what we can do to get rid of it.
We will mention several methods here. You must try all of them and see which one fixes your issue.
Method 1 - Reset password to fix the error
This method requires resetting the password to fix the discord email already registered error. If you created a Discord account and forgot about it or someone else created an account using your email, you can fix that by resetting your password. All you need is access to the email.
Here is how you can reset the Discord Password:
- First of all, open the Discord App or Discord web if you are on a PC or Laptop.
- Now on the login page, you will be asked to enter your email and password.
- Enter the email for which you want to fix the already registered error. Leave the password field empty and click on Forgot Your Password.
- You will be asked to fill in a captcha to prove you are not a robot.
- After you complete the captcha, Discord will send password reset instructions to your email.
- Now open your email. Here you will find a Link sent by Discord to reset your password.
- Once you click on it, a new window will open where you will asked to change the password.
- Set the new password and click Done. Now you can log in to Discord using the new password and you won't face the same error.
Method 2 - Check spelling errors
Spelling mistakes are a very common reason why users face Email is already registered error on Discord when creating a new account. Fixing this error is quite easy. Just head to the email section on the sign-up page, write the correct email, and avoid any typos.
This will fix the error if you were making a type error when creating a new account.
Method 3 - Contact support to fix email already registered error
If both the above methods are not working for you, then the only option left with you is to contact Discord support. The Discord support is very responsive and helpful. When you reach out to them with the email already registered complaint, they will help you as soon as they can.
Here is how to properly contact Discord support to get rid of the above-mentioned error:
- First of all, go to the Discord Support Page to submit a request. You can click here to go to that page.
- Now you will find a drop-down bar. Click on it and select the Help and Support option.
- You will be redirected to another page. Here you will find multiple blocks that you have to fill.
- In the email bar, type in your email address that faces the issue.
- In the Type of Question bar, select Email is Already Registered Error from the drop-down menu.
- In the subject, write the issue you are facing in short.
- In the description, state the problem that you are facing in brief. You can also add attachments.
- After you have filled in everything, click on the Submit button. You will receive the message, your request is submitted successfully.
Now Discord Support will look at your request and get back to you in your email with a solution in a few days. This will definitely help solve the Discord Email is Already Registered and let you sign in to Discord.
When creating a new account on Discord, Email is Already Registered Error is the most common among users. This happens because Discord does not allow multiple accounts with the same email ID. You can solve this error by resetting the discord password, checking for misspellings, or contacting discord support.
We hope that after reading this article, you were able to resolve the email already registered error and use the Discord app.