Discord is one of the best apps to connect with people. It has multiple features with which you can stay in touch with friends who are not living in the same city anymore.
One of the best features of Discord is screen sharing.
With Discord, people can share their screen with others and audio. Gamers use this feature to share their gameplay with people. People use this to brainstorm ideas as well.
However, sometimes, users face issues while using the screen share feature. One of the most encountered issues is the discord screen share audio not working on the other end.
If you face the same issue where there is no audio when you share the screen on Discord, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will share multiple methods on how you can fix the discord screen share no audio for viewers issue.
Discord screen share audio not working main causes
There are many reasons why the discord screen share audio not working problem arises. Once you have identified the problem, fixing the issue becomes easy.
Here are a few reasons why your Discord App is facing no audio problem while streaming on Windows or Mac PCs.
- Audio Drivers: Audio drivers are corrupt sometimes or you fail to update them for a long time. If that is the case, you won't be able to stream with audio on Discord unless you update them.
- Audio Settings: If the Discord audio settings are not configured properly, then viewers won't be able to hear audio when you share the screen on Discord.
- Corrupt cache files: The problem with audio streaming in Discord may occur if the cache files of Discord App are corrupted.
Discord screen share no audio possible fix
Now let's come to the main section of this article. How to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working?
Well, before we move on to that, make sure that the audio on your device is working, If it is working fine only then move on to the fixes given below.
Here are the fixes you can try to solve the no-audio issue for viewers when screen sharing on Discord.
Run Discord as Administrator
Discord may not work with all of its features sometimes if it does not have all rights or a standard user is using.
To fix that, you need to open Discord as an administrator. This way, it will have all the rights and might possibly fix the Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working issue.
Here’s how you can open Discord as Administrator:
- First of all, completely quit Discord on your PC. Open the Windows Taskbar and Click on Processes. Here you will find Discord. Right-click on it and select Quit Discord. This will completely quit discord.
- Now click on Windows icon and type Discord in the search bar. You will see the Discord App Icon. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- A dialogue box will open asking if you want to open the Discord app as an admin. Click on Yes.
- If you have set a password, you will have to enter that password before the app launches. If you have not set a password, the app will start.
- After the Discord App launches, check if the screen share no audio issue is fixed.
If it is not fixed, move on to the next step.
Check Discord servers
There are times when some of the Discord features are not functional because Discord servers are down. If that is the case, your audio while screen sharing will be back after the server is back up fully.
You can check Discord server status using the method below:
- Open your browser.
- In the search bar, type discordstatus.com and hit enter. Or you can click here.
- If the server is on maintenance, you wait for it to get back up. Otherwise, move on to the next step to fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working.
Disable full screen mode
Multiple users have reported that they can't hear the audio when a user screen shares something on Discord in Full Screen Mode.
To fix this, you need to exit the full-screen mode and stream in windowed mode.
This will fix the issue. However, you will have to relaunch the Discord app and reshare the screen for the audio to transmit.
If even sharing the screen in windowed mode does not fix the Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working Issue, try the next method.
Restart your PC
Most common problems in apps that occur on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac devices can be solved by a simple restart.
A restart flushes the cache memory and starts your device and apps afresh. If on Discord screen share, audio is not being transmitted to the viewers, try restarting your device.
Here’s how you can restart your Windows machine:
- Click on Windows Icon on the bottom left corner of your screen. The start menu will pop up.
- Here you will find the power button. Click on it.
- You will see 3 options. Click on Restart. Before clicking on restart, save any unsaved thing.
- Once your PC has restarted, launch Discord and check if the discord screen sharing no audio issue is fixed.
How to restart Mac to fix Discord stream no audio for viewers
Follow these steps to restart your Mac to fix no audio while streaming on Discord issue:
- Save and close all the app data you are working on.
- Take the mouse cursor on the top left corner. A menu bar will appear.
- Click on the apple icon. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on restart.
- Once your Mac is up again, check if the audio transmission problem is solved.
Move on to the next method if your Discord Screen Share No Audio issue is left unfixed.
Reset Discord voice settings
Sometimes, if you have changed the Discord voice settings, it interferes with audio transmission while streaming on Discord. To fix that, you need to reset the voice settings.
Follow these steps to reset Discord Voice settings:
- Open Discord App.
- Click on User Settings.
- Now scroll down and click on “Voice & Video” under App settings.
- Go to the end of the page and click on “Reset Voice Settings”.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure and want to reset the settings. Click on “Okay”.
- Your settings will be reset and you will be redirected to your Discord Homepage.
Now launch a screen share to see if you can stream with audio on Discord. If the issue is fixed, congrats. If not, then worry not and move to the next step.
Clear Discord cache and roaming data
Corrupted Discord Cache Files are also responsible for the discord screen share audio not working problem.
You can fix this audio not transmitting while screen sharing on Discord by clearing the roaming files of Discord from your PC.
Follow these simple steps to clear Discord Roaming Data in Windows:
- Click on the start button on the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar, type run to open the Run Utility. Alternatively, you can type Windows + R on your Keyboard to open Run Utility.
- Now type %appdata% in the run program and hit enter.
- A window will open with a few folders. Find and open the Roaming folder.
- In the Roaming Folder, find the Discord named folder. It will have all the temporary files.
- Right-click on it and select delete. You can also press the Shift + Del button on the keyboard to permanently delete it.
- Now restart your PC and launch the Discord app.
- Start Screen share to check if the audio problem is solved on Windows PC.
How to clear roaming folder in Mac?
If you are on Mac, then you will have to follow a different method to delete Discord’s temporary files to fix Discord screen share no audio on Mac device.
Follow these steps:
- Open Finder. You will find it in the bottom left of your app tray.
- Now press Cmd + Shift + G on your keyboard in Finder.
- Now in the search bar that comes, type ~/Library/Application Support and hit enter.
- In the window that opens, find Discord folder and delete it.
- Restart your Mac and then relaunch Discord.
- Check if the Discord screen share audio not working on Mac is fixed.
Update audio drivers
Another reason why Discord screen share has no audio is because of outdated audio drivers. Audio drivers need to be updated regularly to fix any issues related to audio on your PC.
If the Discord audio with screen share is not working because of an outdated audio driver, follow the given steps to fix it:
- First Right Click on “My computer”. A menu with several options will appear. Click on “Device Manager”. If you can not find “My computer”, press the Windows + X key on your keyboard. A menu will appear. Click on Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager Window, click on Sound, Video & Game Controllers. It will expand.
- Now right click on the sound card that you are using on your device and click on “Update Driver”.
- Update Driver Window will open on your PC. Now click on Search Automatically for Drivers if you have an active internet connection. Otherwise, you need to update them manually.
- Once the update is finished, restart your PC.
- Open Discord and start screen sharing.
- Check if the audio screen-sharing problem is fixed.
Check mic access
There are many cases when we decline mic access to third-party apps like Discord at the time of installation and later we keep thinking about why the audio is not working.
So if you are facing an audio transmission problem while streaming, you should check if you have given mic access to Discord.
How to check mic access in Windows?
- First of all press Windows + S on your keyboard or click on the start menu and type in the search bar “Microphone privacy settings”. Click on it.
- In the next window, check if Discord has access to the mic.
How to check mic access on Mac?
- Click on the Apple icon in the menu bar and select System Settings.
- A new window will open. In that window, find privacy and settings.
- Now find Microphone settings in Privacy and Settings.
- You will see the apps that have access to Mic.
- Enable Mic access to Discord to fix no audio while screen sharing issue.
Add the app to your Discord activity status
When you try to stream an application on Discord, viewers can not listen to your audio because the app is not automatically supported by Discord.
In that case, you need to add the application to your Discord Activity Status so that when you screen share that program, the audience can hear the audio as well.
Here’s how to add an app to Activity Status to fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working on Mac or Windows PC:
- First login to your Discord Account.
- Next, click on user settings and find Activity Settings by scrolling down.
- Now click on Registered Games. It will show you all the apps that have been added to Discord.
- In that Window, you will find “Not seeing your game? Add it” written in blue color.
- Click on it to add the app you want to stream with audio.
- In the drop-down, find your app and click on it.
- Once you have added the app, discord screen share no audio situation for your Mac or Windows PC will be resolved.
If any of the above methods didn't help you to solve the Discord screen share audio not working issue, then the last method is to delete it completely, and then do a fresh installation on your device.
This helps with most of the problems that occur because of an issue on your side. So if the discord screen share no audio issue is because of your device, then hopefully a fresh installation will fix it.
Here’s how to uninstall Discord and then reinstall it:
- First of all, quit Discord completely on your device. You can refer to the method explained above.
- Now click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the search bar, search for add or remove program.
- Click on the result that says add or remove program.
- Now a window will open. In that window, scroll down till you find the Discord App.
- Click on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
- In the menu, click on Uninstall. In the confirmation pop-up, click on Uninstall again.
- Now open run utility program by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- In the run program, type %appdata%, and hit enter. It will take you to a folder.
- Here find a folder named, Discord that will have some files from the Discord installation left.
- Right-click on it and select delete.
Now you have completely uninstalled Discord from your device. Now here is how to install Discord on your PC:
- Go to your browser, and search for discord.com/download or you can click here.
- Now download Discord based on your device's OS.
- After the download is complete, launch the setup.
- It will download some updates and launch the app after the updates are done.
- In the app, log in using your credentials and start screen sharing to check if viewers can listen to the audio while you stream.
We hope that the discord stream with no audio for viewers is fixed after this.
Discord is a great app to hang out online with your friends and strangers. It has a ton of features. But like any other great technology, Discord has some issues too that need troubleshooting like Discord stream no audio for viewers.
The good thing is that these errors can be solved easily. In this article, we talked about the best method to fix discord screen share audio not working for Windows and Mac PCs.
We hope that you were able to fix it and are able to share the screen now with audio as well with your friends or server members.
If you face any problems, feel free to ask us in the comment section. We will be happy to help.