Telegram is a popular messaging app with features that enable users to send and receive files of all types. However, locating downloaded files on Telegram can be confusing for some, especially across multiple devices.
This comprehensive guide is meant to make such a process a bit easier for you. I will also furnish you with suggestions to manage and organize your downloaded files for quick access.
The Telegram app in a nutshell
Telegram provides various features, including VoIP, file sharing, and optional end-to-end encrypted chats and is accessible worldwide.
- Cross-platform messaging: Enjoy messaging on multiple devices using Telegram, from smartphones and tablets to desktops and web browsers.
- Cloud-based storage: Telegram stores your messages, media, and files in the cloud, ensuring universal access across internet-enabled devices.
- End-to-end encryption: Only the intended recipient(s) and sender can access messages and calls with Telegram's optional end-to-end encryption.
- Self-destructing messages: A timer can be set for messages to self-destruct, making it great for sensitive information.
- Large file sharing: Telegram can share large files up to 2 GB, unlike other messaging apps with size limitations.
- Group chats: Up to 200,000 members can join your group chats, which include tools for management and customization.
- Bots: With Telegram's bot API, developers are empowered to build bots that can execute countless functions, including answering queries and distributing current affairs.
- Channels: In channels, communication flows in one direction, much like a mass message with no option for responses. Sharing news or updates with a big group of people can be made easy through this.
- Voice and video calls: The quality of voice and video calls on Telegram is normally high when communicating with fellow Telegram users. Use the platform to connect.
- Stickers and GIFs: Make your messages stand out with Telegram's ample array of stickers and GIFs.
- Themes and customization: Make Telegram your own by customizing it with features such as theme changes and unique custom stickers.
Where to find Telegram downloaded files
Users can effortlessly share and download photos, videos, and documents on Telegram's well-known messaging app. Here’s how to check your files.
On Android devices
- Launch the Telegram app and open the chat where you received the file.
- Look for the three-dot icon next to the file and select "Save to Gallery" or "Save to Downloads".
- If you select "Save to Gallery", you can view the file in the Gallery app on your phone.
- Access File Manager app to find the saved file in Downloads folder. Different content types have their own designated folder here.
- a, Navigate to your phone’s Internal Storage section > click on the Download button > then select Telegram.
- b, Navigate to your phone’s Internal Storage section > click on the Android button > select Media > go to org.Telegram.messenger > then choose Telegram.
- View the downloaded file in full-screen mode by tapping on it if you can't find it in the Gallery or File Manager app. Next, select Save to Gallery or Downloads by tapping on the three-dot icon at the top.
Before downloading files on Telegram, make sure to check the app's settings to ensure that files are being saved.
Looking for the date when the media was received in the Telegram app is necessary when you can't see it on the current date.
How to enable the automatic saving of Telegram files to your Android gallery app
- Launch the Telegram app and log into your account.
- Then, tap the three lines icon at the upper part of the display and choose Settings.
- Once in Settings, tap on Data and Storage.
- Select categories under the Save to Gallery section to save photos and videos.
- Want to customize the selection even further? Tap on each category to add exceptions, so you won't have to worry about unwanted photos or videos being saved.
On iOS devices
- Open the chat that holds the media you desire to download on your iPhone's Telegram app.
- Open the photo or video in full-screen by tapping on it.
- Downloading images or videos to your iPhone can be done by tapping on the three-dot icon, then selecting 'Save image' or 'Save video.'
- Alternatively, tap on the Share/Forward icon and select "Save image" or "Save video", or "Save to Files." If you choose "Save to Files," the file will be accessible from the Files app on your iPhone.
It's essential to check your Telegram settings to ensure that files are being saved. You can check this by going to Telegram's settings, selecting "Data and Storage," and making sure the "Save to Gallery" or "Save to Camera Roll" option is enabled.
How to enable the automatic saving of Telegram files to your iPhone
- Open up the Telegram app on your iPhone and tap on the Settings icon at the bottom screen.
- Choose Data and Storage from the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you find the Save Incoming Photos option. Tap on it to access the different categories available: Private chats, Groups, or Channels. Enable the toggle next to the category from which you want to save photos automatically to your Photos app.
On personal computers (PC)
Not restricted to mobile devices, Telegram can be accessed on personal computers too.
Here are the steps to find your downloaded files on Telegram for PC.
- Log in to the Telegram app on your desktop.
- Access the conversation that sent you the file.
- Choose Show in Folder by right-clicking to locate your files. This action will lead you directly to your received files.
Alternatively, you can access the Telegram Desktop folder in the Downloads section to find your files.
Should the aforementioned folder not contain your file, just right-click on the file once more and select ‘Save as’. Pick the directory to download the received file.
It’s essential to check your Telegram app settings to ensure that files are being saved before downloading files on Telegram. Access Telegram's Advanced Settings section and choose Download Path to adjust the download folder location.
Other tips and tricks for managing Telegram files
Effortlessly download and manage files like photos, videos, and documents thanks to Telegram's versatile file management.
Manage your files more efficiently with these additional recommendations.
Organize your files
Efficient file organization enables you to access your desired files quickly. Folders are useful for storing different types of files, so consider creating them on your device or Telegram app.
Establish a new folder in Telegram by choosing Move to folder after selecting the three-dot icon when saving your file.
Delete unnecessary files
To keep your device and Telegram app organized, you should delete files you no longer need. Delete files from the Telegram app or device's storage.
Get rid of files you don't need on Telegram by opening the chat with the file, holding down the file, and tapping Delete.
Be aware of the types of files being downloaded
Take note of the files you're downloading on Telegram. Unknown sources may contain malicious files disguised as harmless files. Consequently, caution should always be practiced when downloading files.
In addition, downloading several or substantial files can monopolize the space on your device, consequently decelerating the performance of your device.
Find downloaded files on Telegram to ensure access to all the files received. The guidelines presented in this article make finding and managing files across different devices a breeze.
To summarize, these are the key points covered:
- Locating downloaded files on Android devices can be found in the Gallery or File Manager app and on iOS devices in the Photos or Files app.
- You can find Telegram downloads on personal computers in the Telegram Desktop folder or the folder where you choose to download the files.
- The option to manage downloaded files includes deleting them for space or organizing them into folders.
- Being mindful of downloaded file types and checking Telegram's settings can guarantee file saving.